Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Benjamin's Details

Okay this will be quick since I don't have any new photos to post but here is Benjamin's quick birth story:
Saw the doctor that morning & she said that I wouldn't make it another week and that I would be lucky to make it to friday.
Madelyn & I walked to pick Brendan up from school & the contractions started about 10 minutes apart. We went to Chuck E. Cheese for Madelyn's birthday dinner out, on the way there 8 minutes apart. By the time we ate it was up to 5 minutes and when we left at 6pm they were 4 minutes apart.
The kids & I packed, they went to Sharon's house and Brian was playing with his knife making stuff, he really didn't think it was really happening. We went to the hospital at about 7:30ish, at 8:30 I was dilated to 3 and they sent me walking for 1 to 2 hours. I was able to walk for about 45 minutes before the pain was too close for me to walk though. Went back and was a 4 so they admitted me. Had my lovely epidural, broke my water after 10pm & by 1 am I was dilated to 6 and less than an hour later he was ready to come out. Push one was to turn him to face the right direction (his shoulders were a little sideways.) Push 1 1/2 was the head. The poor doc wasn't even able to get the scrub gown on over his scrubs.
Very quick and easy. And no we are not having any more.

No comments: