Friday, October 02, 2009

Georgia Trip

Most everyone knows that Benjamin and I flew down to Georgia to visit with family and for Ben to meet his great-grandfather before he past way. Luckily we made it in time for Ben to still be able to bring a smile to his great-grandfather face. Well since most of our time in Georgia was spent with red-eyes by most I wasn't able to get that many photos. But the other wonderful thing was this was the first time ever that all the grandkids where in the same state let alone the same room. So if I can I will post a photo take by my Aunt of that.

But kids are the best form of therapy and Benjamin (not even knowing it) did a wonderful job of bringing smiles out of everyone around.
Here are some of the photos that I took:
Violet really got a kick out of Ben being smaller than her, and for the most part she was pretty gentle with him.
Papa's make the best bed's for naps not at home...but of course Papa took one too.
Here is Ben with my cousin Bekah.
And with John (he liked Ben but was nervous holding hims since he wiggles so much).

And Rain. It rained everyday I was there and of course on Monday the day before my flight back home Dad's yard became river back property.
Here are some photos. This is how it looked, all dark, brown and wet.
Here is the flash on the camera showing off all that nice Georgia Red-clay water.
The rocks on the bottom of the larger pond dad had to go out and put out two additional rows from his walkway to keep the fish in his pond.
This one is blurry but you get the idea, this is normally his back yard. The row of smaller green bushes on the right side about the middle of the picture is the neighbor's yard.
My dad out standing in the flowing water, where he is standing up to just below his knee is normally grass.

No comments: